11-13 Brompton Street
Marrickville, NSW 2204
Please direct wholesale inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on our opening hours or if you would like to visit us for a Tour & Tasting Session, please visit our Cellar Door/Events page.
We are primarily focused on fermenting our beers with a diverse culture of brewers yeast, wild yeasts and bacteria. Known in the brewing industry as mixed fermentation, we have developed a house culture with yeasts foraged from New South Wales that we experiment with and learn from on a daily basis. Due to our commitment to these types of fermentations, our beer-making process is greatly altered in order to allow these wild yeasts to express themselves in a positive way. Foremost among these practices is the blending of new and old barrel aged beer in order to highlight the complexity in flavour these wild yeasts naturally create.
Over time, we will highlight certain aspects of our process and talk about them in great detail, explaining why we do them and what differences they make in our product. These writeups will feature on our blog in an ongoing series.
10 William Street, Sydney
Bar Liberty, Melbourne
Biota Dining, Bowral
The Bitter Phew, Sydney
Clever Little Tailor, Adelaide
Creek and Cella, Sydney
d'Arenberg Cube, Adelaide
Dimitri's Pizzeria, Sydney
The Dolphin Hotel Wine Room, Sydney
Fleet, Brunswick Heads
Franklin Bar and Restaurant, Hobart
Restaurant Hubert, Sydney
Lost in a Forest, Uradila, South Australia
Love Tilly Devine, Sydney
The Noble Hops, Sydney
Osteria Ilaria, Melbourne
Orana/Bistro Blackwood, Adelaide
Paper Bird, Sydney
Paradise Alley, Collingwood
Pizza Madre, Marrickville
Sun Moth Canteen & Bar, Melbourne
Saint Peter, Paddington
Tom McHugos, Hobart
Where's Nick, Marrickville
delicious.Australia- 2018 Produce Awards Winners. 14/8/18
Crafty Pint- The Best beers of 2018- So far. 26/7/18
ABC- Flowers and 'sours' among the hipster ideas brewing in the beer business. 29/5/18
The Beer Pilgrim- Wildflower. 2/4/18
Crafty Pint- Session Sours Blind Tasting. 12/1/18
Gourmet Traveller- Drinking Australia's Native Ingredients. 17/1/2018
Brews News- Beer is a Conversation (Podcast). 20/1/2018
Crafty Pint- Best New NSW Beers of 2017. 22/12/17
Beer & Brewer- The Best New Brewery of 2017. 14/12/17
Broadsheet- Carriageworks Announces Enormous Summer Food Line-up for 2018. 15/12/17
GoodFood- The December Dozen Festive Fizz Thats Not Champagne. 1/12/17
Broadsheet Sydney- Waratah Release & Tech Talks. 5/10/17
2GB Radio- Wild Fermentation. 29/9/17
GoodFood- Take a walk on the wild side of beer. 15/9/17
Delicious Magazine- How Mould is Becoming the Must-Have Ingredient of 2017. 23/9/17
Australian Brews News- NSW Gets True Blue Beer. 19/7/17
Beer & Brewer- Brew of Origin. 20/7/17
Crafty Pint- The Best Beers of 2017- So Far. 17/7/17
Crafty Pint - Listing 21/6/17
Gourmet Traveller - Top Drops 19/6/17
SydneyBeer - Wildflower Cellar Door June 17
Broadsheet - Listing 8/6/17
Smudge Eats - Listing. 8/6/17
Australian Financial Review - "Brewers go wild with homespun yeasts" 20/4/17
SydneyBeer - Topher Boehm, Wildflower Brewing & Blending May 2017
Broadsheet - "Wildflower: A New Standard for Beer" 27/4/17
Concrete Playground - "Meet Sydney's new barrel-aged wild ale brewery, Wildflower" 6/5/17
Crafty Pint- "Wildflower Blooming" 3/4/17
Smudge Eats - "Behind the Scenes with Wildflower's Head Brewer, Topher Boehm". 28/4/17
- We ship twice weekly, Tuesday and Thursday (except if a public holiday). Please keep this in mind when placing your order.
- All orders are shipped through Australia Post. You are able to track your order through the Australia Post website using the tracking number sent to you via email after placing your order.
- Shipping times vary but your beer should arrive within 3 to 7 business days after dispatch, depending on your location. If you don't receive your beer within 10 business days, please let us know via email to email@example.com.
- At this stage, we can only accept orders from within Australia and not international orders.
- Beer will not be delivered to an unattended address. If Australia Post try to make a delivery whilst you are away, a card will be left. You can take this card to the Post Office noted on the card to collect your beer.
- Beer must be signed for by a person over 18 years at the time of delivery.
- We support the responsible service of alcohol across Australia. Under the Liquor Act 2007 (NSW), it is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or to obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. Similar laws against selling or supplying alcohol to minors apply across Australia.
- Please drink our beer responsibly.
Topher Boehm - Brewer and co-founder
Topher is an obsessive learner and inquirer who seeks educational opportunities in every aspect of culture. He wants to create the beers he loves to drink and share them with friends. He is also ardent about sensory experiences, seeking gastronomic food and wine to challenge and develop his palate. After spending 4 years as a professional brewer in Sydney, Topher travelled extensively to Europe and his native Texas learning old-world techniques necessary to successfully make wild, mixed fermentation beers. He hopes that Wildflower will inspire makers and tinkerers to utilise their immediate surrounds to craft beautiful things.
Chris Allen - Co-founder
The other co-founder of Wildflower is Chris, an experienced corporate lawyer with a serious red beard. Chris runs the business side of the brewery, allowing Topher to focus on the beer making and creative aspects of Wildflower. While he holds a more hands-off role in the day-to-day brewing operations of Wildflower, Chris is the guiding compass by which the brewery keeps course. Topher and Chris are brothers-in-law and their complementing skill sets (and love of all things beer) make for a great partnership.